Monday, July 27, 2009

Get Famous at the Ephrata Public Library

I love how the Ephrata Public Library is bringing their community together while advertising their library. On Wed 7/29/09 from 10am to 10:30am they are producing a commercial shoot for The Big Read. They are inviting anyone from the public to come to the library during that time to be a part of the commercial.

How did I find out about this? Though I'm sure they have posters in the library about it and have advertised in other ways, I received an invite through Facebook! They created an Event Page titled "Big Read Commercial Shoot" and invited all of their fans. Here's the text on the page: "Come to the library and be part of our commercial shoot for The Big Read! It shouldn't take more than about a half an hour -- but you'll get to be on TV about 1,000 times during September and October. The commercial is running on the History Channel, Discovery Channel, MTV, CNN, MSNBC and more!"

I think this is an excellent use of Facebook and wish I could go!

No comments: