Friday, January 4, 2013

Tech-Savvy Staff

I was honored to co-present a TechSoup Webinar with Penny Talbert, director of the Ephrata Public Library on Tuesday 12/4/12.  Back in October of 2012, I was contacted by Brenda Hough from TechSoup to see if  I would be interested in presenting a Webinar based on Benchmark 11, “Libraries have sufficient staff with technology expertise to help patrons achieve their goals” of the Edge Initiative Benchmarks).  I was very excited to be asked as I am quite a fan of TechSoup, and was racking my brain for a good way to present on this based on my experiences over the years.  Then it hit me – Ephrata’s Competency Program hits the nail right on the head for this.  So I asked Penny if she would be willing to share what she is doing with the rest of the world via this Webinar and she agreed.  This turned out to be one of the highest attended Webinars of all time for TechSoup and the feedback was very positive.  Penny has been contacted by people all over the country and beyond to share what she is doing.  Be sure to check out the archive and other information on the techsoup for libraries blog post.

No comments: